Memorial Park is located at 1605 E. Pikes Peak Avenue – Just East of Downtown Colorado Springs. Memorial Park is a 196-acre park, and is home to Prospect Lake – one of the largest bodies of water in Colorado Springs.
Some of the features of Memorial Park include:
- Prospect Lake – Prospect Lake offers a fitness trail around the 1.25 mile perimeter for hiking, biking, roller-blading, walking and offers multiple fitness stops as well. There is also a swimming beach, motorized and non-motorized boating opportunities – including paddle, row, sail and canoe rentals, water –skiing and 2 fishing areas with one wheelchair accessible fishing dock.
- Stunning Views of the Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain.
- Aquatics and Fitness Center – Large indoor pool and water-play areas (swim lessons available), a social play room and a comprehensive fitness room
- Mark Sertich Ice Center – Public ice skating as well as skating lessons for all levels.
- Velodrome and Bicycle Criterium – A racing track for both bicycles and roller skates
- Parks and Recreation Administration Building – Sign up for a multitude of city-wide sport teams for any season
- 3 Baseball/Softball fields
- 12 Tennis Courts and a Tennis Center
- 15 Football/Soccer fields
- Picnic Areas – Many sheltered picnic areas are throughout Memorial Park, as well as a reservation-only large group picnic area.
- Horeshoe Courts and a Multi-Play Court
- Three Playgrounds – “including Phil Long/Denver Broncos Community Playground with ADA accessibility”
- 5.3 Miles of trails and 1.6 Miles of bikeways
- Public Telephones and Restrooms
- Vending Machines and Concessions
Memorial Park is also home to one of our city’s BEST firework displays for the 4th of July and is always a great destination during almost ANY time of year.
(Click on the arrow below to view the Memorial Park – Prospect Lake Show!)
For more information on Memorial Park, or any other park in Colorado Springs or Monument, please visit the Springs City Government Pages.