Colorado Springs offers many places for dog owners to hike, play and have fun with their dogs. Dogs are welcome in any city park or on any city trail as long as they are leashed.
Some “off-leash” parks are also around town. These include:
Dog Runs – “Hiking areas where dogs are allowed off-leash if kept under control”
- Garden of the Gods Park – in the area east of Rock Ledge Ranch & south of Gateway Rd.
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space – in the area southeast and up the hill from the parking lot.
- Palmer Park – Yucca Flats
Dog Parks – “Fenced areas where dogs are allowed off-leash if kept under control”
- Cheyenne Meadow Park – Native grass area off Charmwood Dr. and Canoe Creek Dr.
- Palmer Park – Old baseball field, .3 miles from Maizeland entrance
- Rampart Park – Just east of the baseball diamond.
Basic rules for taking your dog out and about:
- Please keep your dog on a leash unless you are in one of the “un-leashed” areas mentioned above.
- Please pick up after your dog. All neighborhood parks have “doggie-bag” dispensers and trash cans for your convenience.
- Please make sure that your dog is under control – whether on a leash or not.
For more information on Dog Parks in Colorado Springs or Monument, please visit the Parks and Rec. Homepage.