In the hustle and bustle of buying a new home, sometimes there are things that are not considered until it is too late. Here is a list of the Top 5 things to take into consideration before moving into your new home:
- Window Coverings: Make sure you budget in enough money for window coverings. Maybe you have seen the commercials on HGTV where the older couple is quite entertained by their new neighbors – who do not have window coverings? There are better ways to meet your new neighbors…
- Landscaping: Make sure that you budget in enough money for landscaping. There is nothing worse than tracking in a bunch of dust and mud into your new home.
- Air Ducts: Have your air ducts cleaned out before you move in, by a professional HVAC company. You would be surprised how much construction debris can be left in the air ducts.
- Fencing: If your community allows for it and especially if you have pets and children, planning for a fence to be built ASAP is always in your best interest. Remember: Good fences make good neighbors
- Garage Door Opener: Most homes come with a garage door, but very few come with a garage door opener. This convenience is a MUST HAVE for your new home. Unless you are comfortable enough installing your own, you may want to consider calling a professional to install it for you.
*Bonus: If you have window wells, you may also want to get window well covers to protect children and pets from falling into them and hurting themselves.