February proved to be a month of change – but all over the place. Our Days on Market went down by about half a month and our Sale Price to List Price rose a tiny bit. More homes sold and went under contract, but more homes went on the market as well. And our average sales price dropped several thousand dollars. However, each neighborhood seems to be rather consistent with their activity as last month. Lets’ take a look:
This data was pulled from the Pikes Peak MLS (3/9/07) and does not include most new construction, nor does it include FSBO sales.
Average Days on Market (DOM): 90 (DOWN from 104 in January2007)
- High DOM: NGT at 125 (up from 54 in January)
In January, WES was the highest, at 209 DOM. WES is at 116 DOM in February.
- Low DOM: OCC at 30 (Down 3 days from January.)
OCC also had the lowest DOM in February, at 33 DOM.
Sale Price (SP) to List Price (LP): 98.29% (Up from 98.26% in January)
- High SP to LP: 100.47% in WES (up from 97.12% in January)
In January OCC was the highest, at 100.2%. OCC is at 98.09% in February.
- Low SP to LP: 92.58% in CEN (DOWN from 98.55% in January)
In January S/E was the lowest at 94.18%. S/E is at 98.42% in February.
Average Sales Price: $251,098 ( DOWN from $266,734 in January)
- The highest average sales price was $415,993 and was in Northgate NGT. – Down from NGT $506,995 in January.
- The lowest average sales price was $137,588 and was in S/E. – Down from S/E %137,709 in January.
In February 2007:
- 844 new listings appeared on the market – Up from 812 in January
- 292 homes went under contract – Up from 276 in January
- 170 homes sold – Up from 153 in January
[ BLA= Black Forest, BRI= Briargate, CEN= Central/ Downtown, EAS= East, F/V= Fountain Valley, MAN= Manitou Springs, N/E= Northeast, N/W= Northwest, NGT= Northgate, OCC= Old Colorado City, PEY= Peyton, PWR= Powers, S/W= Southwest, S/E= Southeast, TRI= Tri-Lakes/ Monument, WES= Westside]