We may not have an ocean with sandy beaches or a Disney entertainment park, but Colorado offers some of the BEST kid-friendly entertainment- just day-trips from anywhere on the front range, including Colorado Springs. Let’s take a look at what WE love doing with our kids:
1. Waterworld – This amazing water park has been noted as one of the Top 10 water parks in the world! Why? Well, let’s take a look at all it has to offer…
-There are over 42 attractions- more than any other water park in the nation! This includes everything from thrill rides to family tube rides to great kid areas!
-It is located just 15 minutes north of downtown Denver, on 64 landscaped acres.
–Parking is FREE– and there is plenty of it!
-Visitors are welcome to bring coolers and picnics as there are plenty of picnic areas –from covered pavilions to beautifully landscaped grass areas. Or enjoy the food offered by any of the food stands throughout the park.
–Season passes are available and the park is open from May through Labor Day- every year!
-Water World is found at 88th Ave. and Pecos Street, and Highway signage on I-25 and U.S. 36 will guide you there!
2. Six-Flags Elitch Gardens – Open from mid-May to Labor Day, this “Mile High” amusement park offers more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. From roller coasters to an included water park- there are rides (great roller coasters!) and activities for everyone in the family! “Elitch’s” is located in the heart of Denver- with views of Bronco Stadium and the Rocky Mountains – From I-25, go south on Speer Boulevard (Exit Speer South, 212A) then turn right onto Elitch Circle.
3. Ski and Snowboarding – Many of Colorado’s highly rated ski and snowboard resorts (fabulous powder conditions!) are easily accessible from many front range cities like Denver and Colorado Springs. There are great timeshares, hotels and rentals available, should you want to spend the week or weekend “on the slopes” – Or you could easily drive up in the morning, enjoy a full day of snow activities and make it home in time for dinner! Here are a coulpe of the resorts that our family loves to ski and ride at:
Breckenridge– There are 29 total lifts, including 2 high-speed 6-passenger SuperChairs, and over 2,350 acres in ski/ride terrain! There are affordable private and group lessons for skiers and snowboarders in any age group and ability level- including classes on the terrain park! Season passes start at about $379 (and includes access to Keystone and Arapahoe Basin resorts as well!), with no blackout dates. And the town of Breckenridge? Well, there are amazing restaurants (Downstairs at Erics) and shopping galore! Breckenridge offers something for everyone.
Copper Mountain – Copper offers 2,433 ski/ride acres and22 lifts– including 1 high speed six passenger,4 high speed quad lifts, 5 triple chair, 5 double chair, 2 surface lifts, 4 conveyer lifts, 1 tubing zone lift. Lessons are available for everyone, and Season Passes start about $289- with no black out dates.
4. Downtown Aquarium– Open Sun-Thurs. 10am-10pm, and Fri- Sat 10am-11pm. This aquarium is located in Denver and offers over 9 wonderful exhibits-where the whole family can learn about and explore water life from all types of climates. It is located at 700 Water Street, in Denver.
5. Pueblo Reservoir – We may not have much water, here in Colorado (we are a “high desert”)- but we sure love the water we DO have! Pueblo Reservoir has 4,646 surface acres of water and 400 campsites spread throughout its 9,600-acre State Park. The website says it best when it says, “Whether you want to boat, water-ski, sail, swim, fish, camp, hike, or just relax, Lake Pueblo has something to offer for everyone. The park offers two full-service marinas, two boat ramps for easy boating access, prime fishing waters, plenty of camping with or without electrical hook-ups, a swim beach with a five-story waterslide, a Visitor’s Center with fun displays and gift shop, as well as hundreds of picnic tables.” Wow!
These are just a few places in Colorado (close to Colorado Springs) that we love to visit with our family. If you would like a full list of activiteis and places, or a FREE relocation guide, please call us directly (719-570-7715) or visit us online at www.OnlineHomeConnection.com
From our family to yours – The Wagners Posted By: Springs Realty Scoop – Colorado Springs Real Estate